Coupons.com

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Homemade Baby Biscuits

I don't know about you, but I hate the smell and ingredients in some of the baby products they sell at the store. I know they need to add preservatives to make them shelf stable but I prefer not to feed my baby those things if I don't have to. I have recently started making my baby homemade biscuit cookies and she eats them like crazy. And they are super simple to make. So I thought I would share my recipe.

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups baby oatmeal cereal
3 T vegetable oil
1 1/3 cup 100% apple juice

Preheat oven to 425
Mix first three ingredients well, then slowly add the juice.
You will have a thick sticky dough ball.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Press dough in an even layer on cookie sheet and bake for 13-16 minutes.
Let it cool completely and cut into desired shapes with a pizza cutter.
I make mine into strips.

FYI - since these do not have added preservatives you do not want to leave them all out, they will go bad. I leave about five out in a ziploc and freeze the rest. When she is about out, I take a few more out of the freezer and they defrost pretty quickly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: