Coupons.com

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Apples, Apples and more Apples

What do you say when someone asks you if you want some apples?
Of course, you say yes! And then they ask how many you will take?
And if you are me you say, A whole bucket full! Here is the bucket of apples that I came home to yesterday.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

So, I spent most of my morning today canning apples. Thank goodness I have a Pampered Chef apple peeler, corer, and slicer. That helped alot. I canned sliced apples in very light syrup. Here are the instructions and recipe I followed. This way no matter what I want apples for: pie, crisp or sauce all I have to do is pull a jar off the shelf. And my end result was 10 jars of as many apple slices as I could squish in each one.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No comments: