Coupons.com

Thursday, October 08, 2009

Homemade Granola Bars

These are always a hit at my house and my sister just asked for the recipe, so I thought I would post it on here.

Ingredients:
2 cups oats
3/4 cup wheat germ
1 c peanuts, crushed
3/4 cup sunflower kernals
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
4 T butter
2 t vanilla extract
8 oz dried fruit (or choc chips or pb chips)

Put oats, germ, peanuts, kernals in baking pan and toast in oven at 400' for 10-12 minutes, stirring very frequently.

Put sugar, honey, butter, and vanilla in saucepan and bring to a simmer.

Then mix both mixtures and the fruit together well.

Line a 9X13 dish with waxed paper and pour mixture in evenly. Put another sheet of waxed paper across the top and take another 9X13 pan and push down evenly but hard on your granola mixture. Then let it sit for 30 minutes to set.

Then take it and carefully transfer to a cutting board and cut into the size of bars you want.

Make sure to keep these in an air-tight container. I usually leave half out and put half in the fridge until the first half is eaten. Since they do not contain preservatives they will stay good forever!

2 comments:

Tiffanee said...

I have been looking for a granola bar recipe. This one sounds so good. I am going to have to try it. Thanks for your sweet comments.

Unknown said...

GREAT!!! recipe for granola bars. I have never made granola bars. I think I will have to make them some.
I have become a follower of your blog, come by and visit my blog and maybe do the same.
THANKS!!! for the recipe. Geri